Aug 30, 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
…Had this headline sent to me by a Notre Dame fan who claimed to nearly have a heart attack after reading it.
“SN100 DE settles on a new
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News Top 100 defensive end Chris Martin has transferred to Grandview (Aurora, Colo.), the Denver Post reported. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound end had told SN recently that he’d be playing this fall at The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.), but that never materialized.
Martin is committed to Notre Dame. He will be eligible to play next week in Grandview’s season opener.
When it comes to recruiting news, most of us forget to read the entire headline.
Martin had members of ND nation more than a little skittish when he announced that he still planned on taking official visits to other campuses, a big no-no in the post Arrelius Benn/Chris Donald recruiting world. After two days of message board madness, Martin cleared up any confusion and declared himself still strongly committed to Notre Dame, and that he wouldn’t be taking any other visits.
(I won’t be convinced he’s coming to ND until he signs on the dotted line…)
While the season is still 6 days away, there is always time to freak out about recruiting.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64