Aug 30, 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
…Had this headline sent to me by a Notre Dame fan who claimed to nearly have a heart attack after reading it.
“SN100 DE settles on a new
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News Top 100 defensive end Chris Martin has transferred to Grandview (Aurora, Colo.), the Denver Post reported. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound end had told SN recently that he’d be playing this fall at The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.), but that never materialized.
Martin is committed to Notre Dame. He will be eligible to play next week in Grandview’s season opener.
When it comes to recruiting news, most of us forget to read the entire headline.
Martin had members of ND nation more than a little skittish when he announced that he still planned on taking official visits to other campuses, a big no-no in the post Arrelius Benn/Chris Donald recruiting world. After two days of message board madness, Martin cleared up any confusion and declared himself still strongly committed to Notre Dame, and that he wouldn’t be taking any other visits.
(I won’t be convinced he’s coming to ND until he signs on the dotted line…)
While the season is still 6 days away, there is always time to freak out about recruiting.
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy