Aug 30, 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
…Had this headline sent to me by a Notre Dame fan who claimed to nearly have a heart attack after reading it.
“SN100 DE settles on a new
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News Top 100 defensive end Chris Martin has transferred to Grandview (Aurora, Colo.), the Denver Post reported. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound end had told SN recently that he’d be playing this fall at The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.), but that never materialized.
Martin is committed to Notre Dame. He will be eligible to play next week in Grandview’s season opener.
When it comes to recruiting news, most of us forget to read the entire headline.
Martin had members of ND nation more than a little skittish when he announced that he still planned on taking official visits to other campuses, a big no-no in the post Arrelius Benn/Chris Donald recruiting world. After two days of message board madness, Martin cleared up any confusion and declared himself still strongly committed to Notre Dame, and that he wouldn’t be taking any other visits.
(I won’t be convinced he’s coming to ND until he signs on the dotted line…)
While the season is still 6 days away, there is always time to freak out about recruiting.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 47
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93