Aug 31, 2009, 1:37 PM EDT
Exhibit A comes from the Bleacher Report, where scribe Jonathan Slotter makes the case for a “7-5 Irish record, or 8-4 at best.”
He has the schedule breaking down like this:
ND 38, Nevada 34
ND 24, Michigan 14
MSU 28, ND 13
ND 31, Purdue 13
ND 21, Washington 14
USC 31, ND 7
BC 13, ND 7
ND 30, Wazzou 6
ND 27, Navy 17
Pitt 20, ND 14
UConn 10, ND 6
ND 30, Stanford 16
I can understand the loss to Michigan State, as they have absolutely owned the Irish for the past few years, as well as the loss to Boston College, even though they are searching the scrap heap for a quarterback, but I’m not sure about the loss to UConn or Pitt.
Interestingly enough, you’d think that Slotter would have Michigan fairing better than a double-digit loser to the Irish, but maybe he’s been reading the newspapers lately.
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires