Sep 4, 2009, 8:02 PM EDT
There is a sense of urgency in the air, and it’ll be interesting if the Irish can capture some of the magic that Charlie Weis’ first team had. Watching Notre Dame absolutely roll Pitt that evening, and the offensive explosion, we knew we were in for something special. That team had moxie, had a chip on their shoulder, and was ready to prove people wrong.
Now it’s time to find out if the 2009 edition of the Fighting Irish will have the same thing.
We’ve all got our own favorite memories of watching the Irish. Here’s another cool video put together by the crew at NBC Sports that shares a few memories from the Fighting Irish themselves.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 62
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93