Sep 4, 2009, 8:02 PM EDT
There is a sense of urgency in the air, and it’ll be interesting if the Irish can capture some of the magic that Charlie Weis’ first team had. Watching Notre Dame absolutely roll Pitt that evening, and the offensive explosion, we knew we were in for something special. That team had moxie, had a chip on their shoulder, and was ready to prove people wrong.
Now it’s time to find out if the 2009 edition of the Fighting Irish will have the same thing.
We’ve all got our own favorite memories of watching the Irish. Here’s another cool video put together by the crew at NBC Sports that shares a few memories from the Fighting Irish themselves.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 81
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69