Sep 6, 2009, 1:26 PM EDT
Great footwork by the woodwinds, and I was really impressed by the push the sousaphones got during Mango. Overall, sterling work by the band and the direction was spot-on. Not a lot of sloppy play like you’d expect to see on the season opener, and they dealed with the tricky world beats that Jai Ho presented with ease.
Bravo, Band. Bravo.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 67
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 64
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 61