Sep 6, 2009, 1:26 PM EDT
Great footwork by the woodwinds, and I was really impressed by the push the sousaphones got during Mango. Overall, sterling work by the band and the direction was spot-on. Not a lot of sloppy play like you’d expect to see on the season opener, and they dealed with the tricky world beats that Jai Ho presented with ease.
Bravo, Band. Bravo.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64