Sep 7, 2009, 6:30 PM EDT
Okay, I know I said that I wouldn’t write anything else on Nevada, but I thought it’d be a good time to drop off some of the good things that I saw other people write.
Here they are, in no order of importance.
* Eric Hansen lays out some questions and answers after the Nevada win. (Side note: Congrats to Eric for his new gig with ESPNChicago.com)
* Rakes of Mallow wants to sleep on the Nevada game before he starts talking. Favorite tidbit of the column is this fun fact: Jimmy Clausen has more touchdown passes than incompletions in his last two games.
* Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune gives us a funny look inside the monster game Mister Michael Floyd had on Saturday.
Asked about the jump ball at midfield that turned into an eye-dilating 88-yard touchdown on Saturday, Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd began by explaining the great block that he received from fellow receiver
Golden Tate, and how he found a route to the end zone from there.
Of course, that was actually the sophomore’s second touchdown of the day, a 70-yarder, but you know how these things tend to blur together.
“Oh, yeah — I didn’t really remember,” Floyd said, smiling. “It was
a jump ball. I want to be the guy to come down with it. I made an
alright play on it and got it to the end zone.”
When you get your 70+ yard touchdown catches mixed up, that’s usually a good sign.
* Irish Sports Daily’s Bryan Driskell wins the award for most comprehensive break down of Notre Dame’s win against Nevada.
* UHND.com gives his initial impressions on the 35-0 victory over Nevada. They weren’t a fan of the Armando Allen led Wildcat plays.
* Tony Krausz of the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette gives us an update on two local products, Bishop Dwenger standouts John Goodman and Tyler Eifert, getting some PT.
* Meanwhile, over at ESPNChicago, Eric Hansen details the Te’o family’s 4,400 mile trip to South Bend. (Somewhere Brian Polian is having flashbacks…)
Have any other links you want to share with us? Feel free to email them to me at KeithArnold@nbcsports.com
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71