Sep 8, 2009, 4:10 PM EST
Bad news out of Charlie Weis’ Tuesday press conference. Fullback James Aldridge will miss Saturday’s tilt against Michigan with a sprained shoulder.
Weis said that Robert Hughes will start at fullback, which seemed like the logical next step. He also hinted at the severity of the injury, saying that Aldridge would be questionable for the following week’s game against Michigan State.
Aldridge’s role on the kick return team will be filled by senior Barry Gallup, but others may also play.
It’ll be interesting to see if Gallup can lead freshman Theo Riddick will the same blocking power as the hulking Aldridge, but any way to get Gallup onto the field and into the mix is fine with me.
I’ll have more analysis from today’s press conference later.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45