Sep 8, 2009, 4:10 PM EST
Bad news out of Charlie Weis’ Tuesday press conference. Fullback James Aldridge will miss Saturday’s tilt against Michigan with a sprained shoulder.
Weis said that Robert Hughes will start at fullback, which seemed like the logical next step. He also hinted at the severity of the injury, saying that Aldridge would be questionable for the following week’s game against Michigan State.
Aldridge’s role on the kick return team will be filled by senior Barry Gallup, but others may also play.
It’ll be interesting to see if Gallup can lead freshman Theo Riddick will the same blocking power as the hulking Aldridge, but any way to get Gallup onto the field and into the mix is fine with me.
I’ll have more analysis from today’s press conference later.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39