Sep 8, 2009, 4:10 PM EDT
Bad news out of Charlie Weis’ Tuesday press conference. Fullback James Aldridge will miss Saturday’s tilt against Michigan with a sprained shoulder.
Weis said that Robert Hughes will start at fullback, which seemed like the logical next step. He also hinted at the severity of the injury, saying that Aldridge would be questionable for the following week’s game against Michigan State.
Aldridge’s role on the kick return team will be filled by senior Barry Gallup, but others may also play.
It’ll be interesting to see if Gallup can lead freshman Theo Riddick will the same blocking power as the hulking Aldridge, but any way to get Gallup onto the field and into the mix is fine with me.
I’ll have more analysis from today’s press conference later.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56