Sep 8, 2009, 4:10 PM EDT
Bad news out of Charlie Weis’ Tuesday press conference. Fullback James Aldridge will miss Saturday’s tilt against Michigan with a sprained shoulder.
Weis said that Robert Hughes will start at fullback, which seemed like the logical next step. He also hinted at the severity of the injury, saying that Aldridge would be questionable for the following week’s game against Michigan State.
Aldridge’s role on the kick return team will be filled by senior Barry Gallup, but others may also play.
It’ll be interesting to see if Gallup can lead freshman Theo Riddick will the same blocking power as the hulking Aldridge, but any way to get Gallup onto the field and into the mix is fine with me.
I’ll have more analysis from today’s press conference later.
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 24
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 95
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 130