Sep 16, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Not that it matters, but one of the plays submitted to the Big Ten was a review of Jonas Mouton punching Eric Olsen in the 2nd quarter of the game that we’re done discussing.
The South Bend Tribune has footage of “the punch,” and it feels a little like I’m Jim Garrison rewatching the Zapruder film over and over.
(Back and to the right… Back and to the right…)
You can look at it yourself, and while the ESPN feed might not be as good of a view as the coaches tape that Weis submitted, I don’t think we can be too hard on Rich Rodriguez for “denying knowledge of the situation.”
If the Big Ten wasn’t in a hurry to admonish the officiating in Saturday’s game, I’ve got a feeling that they’ll probably let Mouton slide with his rabbit punch.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69