Sep 16, 2009, 8:00 AM EST
Not that it matters, but one of the plays submitted to the Big Ten was a review of Jonas Mouton punching Eric Olsen in the 2nd quarter of the game that we’re done discussing.
The South Bend Tribune has footage of “the punch,” and it feels a little like I’m Jim Garrison rewatching the Zapruder film over and over.
(Back and to the right… Back and to the right…)
You can look at it yourself, and while the ESPN feed might not be as good of a view as the coaches tape that Weis submitted, I don’t think we can be too hard on Rich Rodriguez for “denying knowledge of the situation.”
If the Big Ten wasn’t in a hurry to admonish the officiating in Saturday’s game, I’ve got a feeling that they’ll probably let Mouton slide with his rabbit punch.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 32
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233