Sep 16, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Not that it matters, but one of the plays submitted to the Big Ten was a review of Jonas Mouton punching Eric Olsen in the 2nd quarter of the game that we’re done discussing.
The South Bend Tribune has footage of “the punch,” and it feels a little like I’m Jim Garrison rewatching the Zapruder film over and over.
(Back and to the right… Back and to the right…)
You can look at it yourself, and while the ESPN feed might not be as good of a view as the coaches tape that Weis submitted, I don’t think we can be too hard on Rich Rodriguez for “denying knowledge of the situation.”
If the Big Ten wasn’t in a hurry to admonish the officiating in Saturday’s game, I’ve got a feeling that they’ll probably let Mouton slide with his rabbit punch.
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 0
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121