Sep 19, 2009, 10:00 AM EST
Earlier in the week, we all spent a few too many minutes scouring YouTube for footage of Michigan linebacker Jonas Mouton throwing an upper-cut under the helmet of Notre Dame center Eric Olsen.
Irish fans spent much of the week complaining that the Big Ten refs that officiated the game missed more than a few big calls, one of the more egregious being the punch that Mouton delivered under Olsen’s chin.
Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez threw a little gas on the fire himself, when he said Mouton wouldn’t be disciplined for the altercation, claiming he “didn’t see anybody throw a punch or anything like that.”
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany disagrees.
“The actions of Jonas Mouton during the Notre Dame game are unacceptable,” Delany said in a statement. “Mouton’s behavior has no place in the sport of football or the Big Ten Conference.”
Not that it makes last week’s loss feel any better.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 55
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45