Sep 19, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Earlier in the week, we all spent a few too many minutes scouring YouTube for footage of Michigan linebacker Jonas Mouton throwing an upper-cut under the helmet of Notre Dame center Eric Olsen.
Irish fans spent much of the week complaining that the Big Ten refs that officiated the game missed more than a few big calls, one of the more egregious being the punch that Mouton delivered under Olsen’s chin.
Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez threw a little gas on the fire himself, when he said Mouton wouldn’t be disciplined for the altercation, claiming he “didn’t see anybody throw a punch or anything like that.”
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany disagrees.
“The actions of Jonas Mouton during the Notre Dame game are unacceptable,” Delany said in a statement. “Mouton’s behavior has no place in the sport of football or the Big Ten Conference.”
Not that it makes last week’s loss feel any better.
- Stanford provided Irish the blueprint for success 0
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 32
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 95
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34