Sep 20, 2009, 12:40 PM EDT
The band got off to a quick start, opening up in the spread before playing a rousing version of West Side Story, a big crowd favorite. The woodwinds on “Tonight” whipped the crowd into a frenzy, and some said gave Brian Smith and the linebacking crew a little extra energy in the second half.
Again, great footwork was key for the band during “Maria,” where the trumpets really took their play to the next level. Then, in a bit of NBC’s world class synergy, the band broke out “Mambo,” which made you want to go into an Italian kitchen and spin pizza dough.
First rate work, once again, by America’s first university band.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 53
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 152
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71