Sep 20, 2009, 12:40 PM EST
The band got off to a quick start, opening up in the spread before playing a rousing version of West Side Story, a big crowd favorite. The woodwinds on “Tonight” whipped the crowd into a frenzy, and some said gave Brian Smith and the linebacking crew a little extra energy in the second half.
Again, great footwork was key for the band during “Maria,” where the trumpets really took their play to the next level. Then, in a bit of NBC’s world class synergy, the band broke out “Mambo,” which made you want to go into an Italian kitchen and spin pizza dough.
First rate work, once again, by America’s first university band.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 178
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233