Sep 20, 2009, 12:40 PM EDT
The band got off to a quick start, opening up in the spread before playing a rousing version of West Side Story, a big crowd favorite. The woodwinds on “Tonight” whipped the crowd into a frenzy, and some said gave Brian Smith and the linebacking crew a little extra energy in the second half.
Again, great footwork was key for the band during “Maria,” where the trumpets really took their play to the next level. Then, in a bit of NBC’s world class synergy, the band broke out “Mambo,” which made you want to go into an Italian kitchen and spin pizza dough.
First rate work, once again, by America’s first university band.
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming