Sep 23, 2009, 7:30 AM EDT
After coming out crisp in the opening game against Nevada, the Irish have shot themselves in the foot the past two games with penalties, late hits, and sloppy play. The guys upstairs took a look at the penalties against Michigan State, including one play where the Irish had at least 14 guys on the field on defense.
(Rumor has it they still couldn’t get to the quarterback… I kid, I kid…)
Our video-wizards broke down for us all 11 penalties for 99 yards. Hopefully the offending parties will take notice and correct the problems before Purdue on Saturday.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64