Oct 3, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s cloudy and cool in South Bend right now, and we’re just about two-and-a-half hours away from kickoff. Just a reminder that, as always, we’ll be live-blogging the action, so bring your questions, comments, doomsday optimism, and anything else you want to share as I give myself carpal-tunnel trying to break my own record for updates during a football game.
If you’re looking for inspiration, check out four-year-old Josh Rizzo doing his best Herb Brooks impression. Substitute the word football for hockey, and Huskies for Soviets, and we might really have something.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 62
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93