Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t just an instant classic for four quarters and overtime, but for 8 glorious edited minutes, the Washington Husky and Notre Dame Fighting Irish bands battled on the rain soaked field.
The Irish spelled out Styx while blasting “Come Sail Away,” clearing channeling their inner-hair band, and even formed a sailboat before breaking into the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian,” and a pyramid.
Then, battling rain and inclimate weather, broke into a rousing version of the fight song and formed a perfect ND logo.
Remarkable stuff by Dr. Ken Dye and crew.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69