Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t just an instant classic for four quarters and overtime, but for 8 glorious edited minutes, the Washington Husky and Notre Dame Fighting Irish bands battled on the rain soaked field.
The Irish spelled out Styx while blasting “Come Sail Away,” clearing channeling their inner-hair band, and even formed a sailboat before breaking into the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian,” and a pyramid.
Then, battling rain and inclimate weather, broke into a rousing version of the fight song and formed a perfect ND logo.
Remarkable stuff by Dr. Ken Dye and crew.
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 37
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121