Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM EST
It wasn’t just an instant classic for four quarters and overtime, but for 8 glorious edited minutes, the Washington Husky and Notre Dame Fighting Irish bands battled on the rain soaked field.
The Irish spelled out Styx while blasting “Come Sail Away,” clearing channeling their inner-hair band, and even formed a sailboat before breaking into the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian,” and a pyramid.
Then, battling rain and inclimate weather, broke into a rousing version of the fight song and formed a perfect ND logo.
Remarkable stuff by Dr. Ken Dye and crew.
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 41
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94