Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t just an instant classic for four quarters and overtime, but for 8 glorious edited minutes, the Washington Husky and Notre Dame Fighting Irish bands battled on the rain soaked field.
The Irish spelled out Styx while blasting “Come Sail Away,” clearing channeling their inner-hair band, and even formed a sailboat before breaking into the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian,” and a pyramid.
Then, battling rain and inclimate weather, broke into a rousing version of the fight song and formed a perfect ND logo.
Remarkable stuff by Dr. Ken Dye and crew.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 47
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93