Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t just an instant classic for four quarters and overtime, but for 8 glorious edited minutes, the Washington Husky and Notre Dame Fighting Irish bands battled on the rain soaked field.
The Irish spelled out Styx while blasting “Come Sail Away,” clearing channeling their inner-hair band, and even formed a sailboat before breaking into the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian,” and a pyramid.
Then, battling rain and inclimate weather, broke into a rousing version of the fight song and formed a perfect ND logo.
Remarkable stuff by Dr. Ken Dye and crew.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37