Oct 9, 2009, 8:00 AM EST
With a well deserved bye week this weekend, Coach Weis and his staff turn their attention to recruiting. While next weekend’s game against USC will be the premiere on-campus recruiting weekend, this weekend allows CW and his staff to hit the recruiting trail and see some of the top talent in the country.
Expect Charlie Weis to head to Florida, where he’ll watch a trio of recruits at St. Thomas Aquinas high, which is quickly becoming a pipeline to South Bend. (Sam Young, Dan Wegner, Ben Turk, and Jordan Cowart are all alums.) Weis will be keeping an eye on blue-chippers Brandon Linder, a hulking offensive tackle, running back Giovanni Bernard, and cornerback Cody Riggs.
Expect Brian Polian to be cruising some familiar territory as he comes to the West Coast to watch a large contingent of recruits like Anthony Barr, Sean Parker, Dietrich Riley, and running back Jordon James.
IrishSportsDaily.com reports that Corwin Brown will also be in California, taking a look at blue-chip cornerback Josh Shaw and Hayes Pullard, who took his official visit last weekend to watch the Irish beat Washington. He may also visit Barr, who the Irish hope will follow his Irish roots and commit to the Irish.
Two rather well-discussed recruits, defensive end Chris Martin and all-world left tackle prospect Seantrel Henderson, both expect to get visits from members of the Irish coaching staff as well.
Seven coaches can hit the road recruiting at the same time, so expect Irish coaches to be roaming stadiums this weekend, just most of them doing so on Friday nights instead.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (68)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)