Oct 11, 2009, 4:19 PM EDT
Hope everyone enjoyed their bye weekend, and I’m still in the midst of enjoying mine. With playoff baseball, a full slate of NFL and NCAA football, the Presidents Cup, and the NHL getting started, I’m getting dizzy just trying to keep up.
As I suspected, the Irish finally worked their way into the Top 25 polls, and it had nothing to do with their efforts this weekend. The Irish slot in at number 25 in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches poll today. (For a link of the polls, check here.)
They weren’t the only team to improve their stock this weekend without playing a game, as USC jumped Boise State to move up to the #5 slot, behind Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Virginia Tech.
It’s going to be an incredible week leading up to the biggest game of the season, and we’ll be back at full bore starting tomorrow.
- Sanford trying to quantify quarterback competition 0
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31