Oct 11, 2009, 4:19 PM EDT
Hope everyone enjoyed their bye weekend, and I’m still in the midst of enjoying mine. With playoff baseball, a full slate of NFL and NCAA football, the Presidents Cup, and the NHL getting started, I’m getting dizzy just trying to keep up.
As I suspected, the Irish finally worked their way into the Top 25 polls, and it had nothing to do with their efforts this weekend. The Irish slot in at number 25 in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches poll today. (For a link of the polls, check here.)
They weren’t the only team to improve their stock this weekend without playing a game, as USC jumped Boise State to move up to the #5 slot, behind Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Virginia Tech.
It’s going to be an incredible week leading up to the biggest game of the season, and we’ll be back at full bore starting tomorrow.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (128)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (93)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)