Oct 11, 2009, 4:19 PM EST
Hope everyone enjoyed their bye weekend, and I’m still in the midst of enjoying mine. With playoff baseball, a full slate of NFL and NCAA football, the Presidents Cup, and the NHL getting started, I’m getting dizzy just trying to keep up.
As I suspected, the Irish finally worked their way into the Top 25 polls, and it had nothing to do with their efforts this weekend. The Irish slot in at number 25 in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches poll today. (For a link of the polls, check here.)
They weren’t the only team to improve their stock this weekend without playing a game, as USC jumped Boise State to move up to the #5 slot, behind Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Virginia Tech.
It’s going to be an incredible week leading up to the biggest game of the season, and we’ll be back at full bore starting tomorrow.
- It’s official: Golson returns to Notre Dame 59
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 117
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 40
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Bryant’s redshirt freshman season appears official (117)
- Postseason Mailbag: Now Open (Christmas giveaway bonus!) (91)
- Recruiting bonanza continues with TE Tyler Luatua commitment (90)
- Pot of Gold pushes Notre Dame recruiting to the forefront (34)
- Elston pledges return as Irish program moves forward (28)