Oct 11, 2009, 4:19 PM EDT
Hope everyone enjoyed their bye weekend, and I’m still in the midst of enjoying mine. With playoff baseball, a full slate of NFL and NCAA football, the Presidents Cup, and the NHL getting started, I’m getting dizzy just trying to keep up.
As I suspected, the Irish finally worked their way into the Top 25 polls, and it had nothing to do with their efforts this weekend. The Irish slot in at number 25 in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches poll today. (For a link of the polls, check here.)
They weren’t the only team to improve their stock this weekend without playing a game, as USC jumped Boise State to move up to the #5 slot, behind Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Virginia Tech.
It’s going to be an incredible week leading up to the biggest game of the season, and we’ll be back at full bore starting tomorrow.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37