Oct 11, 2009, 4:19 PM EDT
Hope everyone enjoyed their bye weekend, and I’m still in the midst of enjoying mine. With playoff baseball, a full slate of NFL and NCAA football, the Presidents Cup, and the NHL getting started, I’m getting dizzy just trying to keep up.
As I suspected, the Irish finally worked their way into the Top 25 polls, and it had nothing to do with their efforts this weekend. The Irish slot in at number 25 in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches poll today. (For a link of the polls, check here.)
They weren’t the only team to improve their stock this weekend without playing a game, as USC jumped Boise State to move up to the #5 slot, behind Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Virginia Tech.
It’s going to be an incredible week leading up to the biggest game of the season, and we’ll be back at full bore starting tomorrow.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 53
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35
- RCS New Jersey: Two standing out for Rene
- RCS New Jersey: Johnson eyeing the Big Ten
- RCS New Jersey: Guarantano recruiting for Vols
- RCS New Jersey: Hawkins will cut list soon
- RCS New Jersey: Distance not a factor for Robinson
- RCS New Jersey: Gary recaps visits
- RCS New Jersey: Walker solid with Buckeyes