Oct 13, 2009, 12:52 PM EST
I’ve been holding off on blatant speculation, but Charlie Weis delivered good news to the Irish faithful today in his press conference remarks when talking about the status of sophomore wide receiver Michael Floyd.
“Today is the first day we’re letting him run around in pads,” Weis said. “The players will be surprised to see him running around in pads. I believe there’s a CAT scan on November 2nd, would be six weeks. It’s the second or third of November, right before the Pittsburgh game.
“Fingers crossed, the earliest we’d get him back is Pittsburgh.”
Seeing (Mister) Michael Floyd in pads today hopefully makes his teammates feel like running through walls. (I know I’ve already exchanged about 10 text messages with friends) and makes you wonder if Floyd won’t put the full-court press on Weis to let him get out on the field this weekend against the Trojans.
While I just finished typing Weis’ own words saying that the earliest we could see Floyd is Pitt, could you imagine if you run Floyd out there on Saturday, the reaction that would ripple through the stadium? At the very least, think about the decoy he’d be…
After doing some research, six weeks does seem to be the magic number for collarbone breaks, and I know I’m hallucinating with the idea of Floyd hitting the field this weekend, but if you’re Weis, do you at least let him dress this weekend, just to give the Trojans’ defensive staff something to worry about?
Where is Mr. Miyagi when you need him?
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (68)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)