Oct 15, 2009, 8:00 PM EDT
Steve Clarkson, the private quarterback coach who tutors both Jimmy Clausen and Matt Barkley sat down with ESPN’s Mike Hill to discuss the weekend ahead. It’s a fairly in-depth interview where Clarkson does his best to break down the strengths of both quarterbacks (as well as pump the tires of the private quarterback coach who was the key to their success). I’ve always though that Clarkson was a guy with his agenda first and his quarterbacks/clients second, but it’s pretty clear that he’s excited for both kids.
It’s a long video — over 6 minutes — but it’s worth a watch, if only for the part where Clarkson reveals that he had to beg Carroll to offer Barkley a scholarship.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 53
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35