Oct 15, 2009, 8:00 PM EDT
Steve Clarkson, the private quarterback coach who tutors both Jimmy Clausen and Matt Barkley sat down with ESPN’s Mike Hill to discuss the weekend ahead. It’s a fairly in-depth interview where Clarkson does his best to break down the strengths of both quarterbacks (as well as pump the tires of the private quarterback coach who was the key to their success). I’ve always though that Clarkson was a guy with his agenda first and his quarterbacks/clients second, but it’s pretty clear that he’s excited for both kids.
It’s a long video — over 6 minutes — but it’s worth a watch, if only for the part where Clarkson reveals that he had to beg Carroll to offer Barkley a scholarship.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39