Oct 17, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
Just arrived and found a bench to log a quick report. Campus is alive, and as was expected, it’s perfectly clear outside, but it certainly isn’t warm.
The leaves have started to change, and the scene is perfectly set for the game. I’m hoping to get down to the field and get you guys a report on the length of the grass, because (of course) that’s been a big story on the USC side of things. It’s actually been shocking to see how big of a deal the grass angle was played up, if you didn’t know any better you’d have thought that the field in 2005 was knee-high corn.
It’s a great time to see old friends and catch up, but I think everybody is more than a little nervous about the game.
T minus 4.5 hours…
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64