Oct 17, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
Just arrived and found a bench to log a quick report. Campus is alive, and as was expected, it’s perfectly clear outside, but it certainly isn’t warm.
The leaves have started to change, and the scene is perfectly set for the game. I’m hoping to get down to the field and get you guys a report on the length of the grass, because (of course) that’s been a big story on the USC side of things. It’s actually been shocking to see how big of a deal the grass angle was played up, if you didn’t know any better you’d have thought that the field in 2005 was knee-high corn.
It’s a great time to see old friends and catch up, but I think everybody is more than a little nervous about the game.
T minus 4.5 hours…
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12