Oct 17, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
Just arrived and found a bench to log a quick report. Campus is alive, and as was expected, it’s perfectly clear outside, but it certainly isn’t warm.
The leaves have started to change, and the scene is perfectly set for the game. I’m hoping to get down to the field and get you guys a report on the length of the grass, because (of course) that’s been a big story on the USC side of things. It’s actually been shocking to see how big of a deal the grass angle was played up, if you didn’t know any better you’d have thought that the field in 2005 was knee-high corn.
It’s a great time to see old friends and catch up, but I think everybody is more than a little nervous about the game.
T minus 4.5 hours…
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 0
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121