Clausen named an O'Brien Award semifinalist

Oct 26, 2009, 4:30 PM EST

Just saw the press release announcing the 15 semifinalists for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award. Not surprisingly, Jimmy Clausen made the cut:

Here is the complete list of the 15 semifinalists:

Tony Pike, Cincinnati
Todd Reesing, Kansas
Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
Bill Stull, Pittsburgh
Tim Tebow, Florida

“We are proud to recognize this group of young men for their performances on and off the field,” Danielle Moorman, executive director of the Davey O’Brien Foundation said. “The commitment, sportsmanship and leadership qualities exemplified by these quarterbacks truly embody the spirit of The O’Brien.”

You’ve got to think Clausen will be in the running for this award all the way until the end.

1. Sharkey - Oct 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Wow. Good luck, Jimmy. A lot of good players there. Hope you get it.

2. kinganthony - Oct 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

If Jimmy is smart he will go pro…see Bradford. Why would Jimmy stay? There is only one reason Jimmy would stay in College and that’s to beat USC. But then he woke up….if you couldn’t be SC when Barkley was a Freshman and the Defense is down, forget about beating them next year in CAL. Don’t blow it. This year your hot next year maybe not so much…see Leinart.

3. Randall Scheller - Oct 27, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I think Jimmy will stay. He wants to win a National championship,beat USC, finish college and receive his degree,plus the team will only get better by next year. This will be based on if Golden Tate stays. His chances of winning the Heisman this year is slim, based on his competition. His chances would be greater next year. He should take out an insurance policy, like others have just in case he does get hurt.

4. college degree quotes - Jan 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I am a parent of a highschool girl. She is very interested in electrical engineering. I am considering sending her to get a college-degree in engineering but I am aftraid it does not suit a girl.

5. college degrees - Jan 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I am a father of a highschool girl. She is very interested in electrical engineering. I am considering sending her to get a college-degree in engineering but I am concerned it does not suit a girl.

6. Denise Raeside - Jan 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

7. Sports headlines - Feb 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.