Nov 1, 2009, 2:57 PM EST
The new rankings were just released and they saw Notre Dame climb a few spots up the ladder. In the AP poll, the Irish went from 25 to 19, moving up six spots from last week. In the USA Today Coaches’ Poll, the Irish climbed from 25 to 21, a smaller jump, but still significant nonetheless. The Irish leapfrogged Oklahoma in the AP poll, but still sit a slot below the Sooners in the Coaches’ Poll.
The only two loss teams in front of Notre Dame are USC, Ohio State, Miami, and Oklahoma State in the AP poll, and in the Coaches’ poll, Arizona and three-loss Oklahoma are also ranked ahead of the Irish.
While Notre Dame plays Navy next weekend, 14th ranked Pittsburgh should be a great opportunity for the Irish in two weeks. The BCS rankings are due out later this afternoon, as well as the Harris Poll.
UPDATE: By popular demand, here’s a link to the entire rankings.
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 41
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94