Nov 1, 2009, 2:57 PM EDT
The new rankings were just released and they saw Notre Dame climb a few spots up the ladder. In the AP poll, the Irish went from 25 to 19, moving up six spots from last week. In the USA Today Coaches’ Poll, the Irish climbed from 25 to 21, a smaller jump, but still significant nonetheless. The Irish leapfrogged Oklahoma in the AP poll, but still sit a slot below the Sooners in the Coaches’ Poll.
The only two loss teams in front of Notre Dame are USC, Ohio State, Miami, and Oklahoma State in the AP poll, and in the Coaches’ poll, Arizona and three-loss Oklahoma are also ranked ahead of the Irish.
While Notre Dame plays Navy next weekend, 14th ranked Pittsburgh should be a great opportunity for the Irish in two weeks. The BCS rankings are due out later this afternoon, as well as the Harris Poll.
UPDATE: By popular demand, here’s a link to the entire rankings.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 102
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71