Nov 2, 2009, 4:04 PM EDT
As anticipated, a primetime kickoff has been set for next week’s game against Pitt. The action from Heinz Field on November 14 will begin at 8:00 p.m. EST.
It’s a split national broadcast on ABC, with the other game being Texas Tech at Oklahoma State. Word from Notre Dame’s sports information department is that there is “no reverse mirror.”
(I’m guessing that’s a TV term…)
Coverage maps will be out soon, but if both teams take care of business, you can expect a national spotlight on the game, with Iowa and Ohio State most likely relegated to an afternoon start because Big Ten scheduling philosophies will most likely keep that game from being played after dark.
Other match-ups that pair ranked opponents include Arizona-Cal and Utah at TCU.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69