Nov 2, 2009, 4:04 PM EDT
As anticipated, a primetime kickoff has been set for next week’s game against Pitt. The action from Heinz Field on November 14 will begin at 8:00 p.m. EST.
It’s a split national broadcast on ABC, with the other game being Texas Tech at Oklahoma State. Word from Notre Dame’s sports information department is that there is “no reverse mirror.”
(I’m guessing that’s a TV term…)
Coverage maps will be out soon, but if both teams take care of business, you can expect a national spotlight on the game, with Iowa and Ohio State most likely relegated to an afternoon start because Big Ten scheduling philosophies will most likely keep that game from being played after dark.
Other match-ups that pair ranked opponents include Arizona-Cal and Utah at TCU.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37