Nov 2, 2009, 4:04 PM EDT
As anticipated, a primetime kickoff has been set for next week’s game against Pitt. The action from Heinz Field on November 14 will begin at 8:00 p.m. EST.
It’s a split national broadcast on ABC, with the other game being Texas Tech at Oklahoma State. Word from Notre Dame’s sports information department is that there is “no reverse mirror.”
(I’m guessing that’s a TV term…)
Coverage maps will be out soon, but if both teams take care of business, you can expect a national spotlight on the game, with Iowa and Ohio State most likely relegated to an afternoon start because Big Ten scheduling philosophies will most likely keep that game from being played after dark.
Other match-ups that pair ranked opponents include Arizona-Cal and Utah at TCU.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 72
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35