Nov 3, 2009, 12:07 PM EDT
Word just broke from Charlie Weis’ press conference. Dayne Crist is done for the season, out 4-6 months with a torn ACL.
Michael Floyd is back full go, officially returned from his broken collarbone. With Crist out, John Goodman moves into the #3 slot of quarterback, and will start that transition today at practice.
More to come later, but a mix of good and bad news for the Irish.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 47
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93