Weekend Primer: T minus 90 minutes…

Nov 7, 2009, 1:00 PM EST

… Get ready for another live-blog coming soon, as Notre Dame prepares to take on Navy. It’s a beautiful day in South Bend (and in St. Paul, MN where I’m reporting live from).

A quick update from the early games shows Texas struggling with UCF, leading only 7-3 in the second quarter. Iowa continues their high-wire act, trailing Northwestern 14-10, and losing Ricky Stanzi to an ankle injury. Pitt leads Syracuse 6-3 as halftime approaches, Miami and Virginia combine for 27 points in the first quarter, and Wisconsin leads Indiana 17-7 with five minutes left in the first half.

It’ll be great to see Michael Floyd back on the field for the Irish, and see what Charlie decides to do with his full allotment of toys. I suspect he’ll remind the guys about the late game collapse last year, and I expect the Irish to go out, take care of business, and not take their foot off the gas.

1. Robert - Nov 7, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Did anyone hear the whistle before the navy recovery in the 1st half? I heard the whistle which means play is over one hundred miles away. How can you give the ball to navy when they recovered it 2 seconds AFTER the whistle blew? Is it the officials or the Coach I should be upset with?

2. Paticia Burrell - Nov 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM

the commentators needs to get the names right on the players. they called kerry neal brian smith and he clearly is not him. i like for you to give my cousin kerry neal his props when he make big plays like that. this is the 2nd week in a row that this has happened. brian smith doesnt do to much of anything except try to hype up the defense and thats all about appearance.

3. ken - Nov 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM

N.D. say goodbye to your (undeserved) ranking and any BCS bowl

4. George - Nov 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Ken is right. Going into today’s game Notre Dame ah not beaten a ranked opponent. I know of at least one team with the same 6-2 record that beat 2 ranked teams that is not ranked.

5. Jason Sharp - Dec 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM

This is an epic article, I’ll be adding your site to my bookmarks.