Nov 10, 2009, 12:10 PM EST
Charlie Weis just announced that Kyle Rudolph will be out for the rest of the regular season. Rudolph’s injury isn’t a broken collarbone, but some type of muscle injury to the shoulder. There’s a chance that he’ll be back for Stanford, but Weis thinks it’s doubtful.
Mike Ragone will replace Rudolph in the starting lineup and Bobby Burger will be the primary backup. This is a tough break for the Irish offense, and continues a string of bad luck for the Irish at the tight end position.
More to come when the press conference finishes…
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 83
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100