Nov 10, 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
Charlie Weis just announced that Kyle Rudolph will be out for the rest of the regular season. Rudolph’s injury isn’t a broken collarbone, but some type of muscle injury to the shoulder. There’s a chance that he’ll be back for Stanford, but Weis thinks it’s doubtful.
Mike Ragone will replace Rudolph in the starting lineup and Bobby Burger will be the primary backup. This is a tough break for the Irish offense, and continues a string of bad luck for the Irish at the tight end position.
More to come when the press conference finishes…
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 66
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 109
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93