Nov 10, 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
Charlie Weis just announced that Kyle Rudolph will be out for the rest of the regular season. Rudolph’s injury isn’t a broken collarbone, but some type of muscle injury to the shoulder. There’s a chance that he’ll be back for Stanford, but Weis thinks it’s doubtful.
Mike Ragone will replace Rudolph in the starting lineup and Bobby Burger will be the primary backup. This is a tough break for the Irish offense, and continues a string of bad luck for the Irish at the tight end position.
More to come when the press conference finishes…
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69