Nov 10, 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
Charlie Weis just announced that Kyle Rudolph will be out for the rest of the regular season. Rudolph’s injury isn’t a broken collarbone, but some type of muscle injury to the shoulder. There’s a chance that he’ll be back for Stanford, but Weis thinks it’s doubtful.
Mike Ragone will replace Rudolph in the starting lineup and Bobby Burger will be the primary backup. This is a tough break for the Irish offense, and continues a string of bad luck for the Irish at the tight end position.
More to come when the press conference finishes…
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64