Nov 17, 2009, 1:38 PM EDT
For those expecting fireworks during Charlie Weis’ standard Tuesday press conference, they were disappointed. With Weis’ Sunday press conference canceled Sunday, he took the first segment of the presser to answer questions regarding the Pitt game then moved straight on to UConn.
Still, the most interesting bit from the press conference came when he asked about any decision made regarding his future.
“I don’t think that any decision has been made, because I probably would know,” Weis said. “And I don’t know. That being said, it’s full speed ahead. Full spead ahead to UConn, full speed ahead to Stanford, full speed ahead to recruiting.”
This seems to mesh with the comments out of athletic director Jack Swarbrick, who said he’ll evaluate the program after the season.
Looks like we’ve got two more solid weeks of this speculation. (Fun times!)
I’ll have more thoughts on the press conference later this afternoon…
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12