Nov 18, 2009, 8:38 PM EDT
Notre Dame athletes lead the NCAA in the 2009 NCAA Graduation Success Rate Survey, the NCAA announced yesterday evening.
Nineteen of the 22 Irish teams posted graduation rates of 100 percent and none fell below 93 percent. All 11 women’s programs graduated 100 percent of their athletes.
Men’s baseball, basketball, cross country/track fencing, golf, lacrosse, soccer, and swimming/diving scored a perfect 100, while the football and hockey programs each scored a 96 and the tennis team earned a 93.
The Notre Dame football team lead all FBS programs along with Duke at 96. The Naval Academy checked in at 93, Northwestern at 92, and Boston College and Vanderbilt followed at 91.
There are only 11 schools where 50 percent or more of their sports teams scored a perfect GSR rating. The Irish led that group convincingly with 19 out of 22 teams. Boston College was second with 22 of 28 teams.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 62
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93