Nov 18, 2009, 8:38 PM EDT
Notre Dame athletes lead the NCAA in the 2009 NCAA Graduation Success Rate Survey, the NCAA announced yesterday evening.
Nineteen of the 22 Irish teams posted graduation rates of 100 percent and none fell below 93 percent. All 11 women’s programs graduated 100 percent of their athletes.
Men’s baseball, basketball, cross country/track fencing, golf, lacrosse, soccer, and swimming/diving scored a perfect 100, while the football and hockey programs each scored a 96 and the tennis team earned a 93.
The Notre Dame football team lead all FBS programs along with Duke at 96. The Naval Academy checked in at 93, Northwestern at 92, and Boston College and Vanderbilt followed at 91.
There are only 11 schools where 50 percent or more of their sports teams scored a perfect GSR rating. The Irish led that group convincingly with 19 out of 22 teams. Boston College was second with 22 of 28 teams.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64