Clausen reportedly in late night scuffle

Nov 23, 2009, 11:31 PM EST

We’ll find out more tomorrow when Charlie Weis addresses the media, but multiple media sources are reporting that quarterback Jimmy Clausen was involved in a fight late Saturday/early Sunday morning outside a South Bend bar.

First reported by David Kaplan of Chicago WGN-AM radio, the Chicago Tribune’s Brian Hamilton has more of the details.

Starting quarterback and team captain Jimmy Clausen
was involved in an altercation outside a South Bend, Ind., bar in the
hours following a double-overtime loss to Connecticut on Saturday,
taking a punch to the face in the incident, sources told the Tribune.

The Irish QB suffered at least one black eye as a result of the
punch, according to a source. A spokesman for Charlie Weis said he
could not reach the Irish coach for comment Monday night.

A South Bend police spokesman said Monday no police reports were filed over the weekend that involved Clausen.

Details of the brouhaha vary greatly, from Kaplan’s original report, to Hamilton’s story, to Joe Schad reporting on Twitter at ESPN.com that Clausen was “sucker-punched in the face outside a South Bend eatery,” which would fit, because I’d hardly call C.J.’s the scene for a late-night bar fight.

I tend to believe that the truth, as it always does, lies somewhere in the middle. Either way, it’s not the situation you want the captain of your team to find himself in at two in the morning the night after a loss probably sealed the fate of your head coach.

It’ll be interesting to see how ESPN runs this this story. They could play it up like the overblown beer pong photos or talk about how sad it is that someone would be a big enough jerk to fight the starting quarterback of the football team in his own college town the night of a devastating loss.

Either way, here’s hoping Jimmy’s fine and ready to play well against Stanford. I can’t imagine, barring video evidence of Clausen taking a stool to a guy or getting into an Anchorman like brawl, that he’d be suspended for this one.

1. Philadelphia SEO - Feb 5, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .,, Amazing …

2. Manual Ferrucci - Feb 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM

To commercialise in conditions of high-performance rather than price, and in order to specialise accordingly, you want to observe the official format of the 4 Ps marketing plan. That is, Price, Product, Place and Promotion obviously you cognize the deep properties of the merchandise, and the price, but for place you should remember nearly the type of mass who are willing to give over 4x price of competing production whereas the second-class option may be sold where emphasis is on cost, your merchandise will be suited to places/distributors where the customers will be willing to pay for high-performance. Thank you for this article! I’ve just retrieved a surely surprising source about real marketing Seek it!

3. Catherin Tribley - Feb 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I use Mass-Follow.com to submit my Twitter to like 400 places

4. Jeri Greubel - Feb 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Thanks to you I dont seem like an idiot. I had an argument with my wife and this shows I was right. Thanks!

5. Bradly Favuzza - Feb 15, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hey, just curious if you could have any further details so I can find a bit more about it?

6. zynga poker - Feb 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

i was starting to consider i may well be the sole guy which cared about this, at the very least at this point i know im not nuts :) i am going to make it a point to pay a visit to a couple of various blogposts after i get some caffeine in me, it is actually very hard to read with out my coffee, adios for now :)

7. zynga farmville - Feb 19, 2010 at 1:05 AM

i wouldn’t have said this had been outstanding several years in the past however its crazy the way in which time switches the manner by which you perceive original creative ideas, many thanks for the article it really is pleasurable to browse anything intelligent now and then in lieu of the widely seen crap mascarading as blogs and forums on the internet, cheers

8. Gabriella Lucchini - Feb 19, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Very interesting way to market on facebook. I also found a way to automate a couple very powerful methods of getting users. You can grab ID by groups or pages or wall posts with this software. Then once you have the IDs you can do a friend add to your user ID or sudo profile. This by passes the captcha codes too. There is also a cool chat program that you can setup scripts and keyword to work with. This program, when I use it I can see a spike in my site traffic. It is sweet…

9. Jannette Berga - Feb 20, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Very nice site!

10. Caliber FX Pro - Feb 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Every time I see blogs as good as this I KNOW I should stop surfing and start working on mine!

11. directory bot - Feb 22, 2010 at 5:18 AM

It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks.

12. Jaime Pottkotter - Mar 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Couldn’t have said it better. Nice to see someone who knows what they’re talking about.

13. WatersMadeleine19 - May 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM

A lot of specialists state that loan aid people to live the way they want, just because they can feel free to buy needed goods. Furthermore, various banks offer sba loan for young and old people.