Nov 24, 2009, 7:30 AM EDT
Looks like the awards committee got one thing right: Golden Tate is a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award.
Tate joins Texas’ Jordan Shipley and Bowling Green’s Freddie Barnes for the prestigious award given to the best wide receiver in college football. The winner will be announced on December 10th during the ESPNU College Football Awards.
Tate is fourth in the country in receiving yards per game and ninth in receptions. Barnes leads the country in receptions, touchdowns, and yards per game, while Shipley tails Tate in yards and touchdowns, but has eight more catches than Golden.
It’ll be interesting to see if the voters pick Barnes, who plays in an incredible offensive system over two higher-profile players. It’ll be more interesting if Tate can win the award over Shipley, a 6th-year-senior playing for undefeated Texas.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 52
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU (52)
- Golson talks about transfer (though what he doesn’t say is more interesting) (38)
- Hegarty to play out eligibility at Oregon (31)
- Irish still trying to find the right answers at safety (29)
- KeiVarae Russell takes to social media to announce his return (25)