That's what he said: Charlie Weis

Nov 24, 2009, 5:43 PM EDT

Here’s the video from Charlie Weis’ weekly press conference. It’ll be the only footage from either staff or players, as Notre Dame canceled the usual media sessions with the captains and assistant coaches.

1. StephenOfTroy - Nov 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Charlie Weis said one thing I completely agree with: there’s nothing better than being able to be home and spend time with family during the holidays. We get really excited about football, but it’s only a game. What really matters is having someone special to watch the games with. Happy Holidays everybody, and GO IRISH! Beat Stanford!

2. StephenOfTroy - Nov 24, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Having watched the full press conference, I must say I’m surprised that Weis tried to dodge ALL questions about Jimmy Clausen. He has to have known that doing so would just make him look evasive. He could have simply answered the questions in a nonchalant, matter-of-fact way, and then we really WOULD be talking about Stanford. But as it is, many people just figure that if you won’t talk about it, there must be something to hide. Where there’s smoke…

3. NDFAN401 - Nov 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM

StephenofTroy, Charlie Weis made a good decision not to discuss the Clausen incident there is enough going on and around, we do not have to kick the dog one more time. It is time for the whole circus to come to resolution. You said it yourself on one of the other posts fire the man if that is what is going to happen and let’s move on, for the better hopefully.
    The last line in your post, Where there’s smoke? You are not going down the conspriacy theory road are you? If you start numbering your posts I’m going to have to stop reading them. (Ha,Ha)

4. NDFAN401 - Nov 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM

5. StephenOfTroy - Nov 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Come on, NDFAN, give me some credit. I didn’t say I see things that way re: conspiracy theory. I said “many people” do.
    And you’re gonna cut me out if I start numbering posts? After I pulled you back from the brink of CAPS LOCK insanity? In the words of the NFL Countdown crew, “C’mon Man!” :)