Nov 27, 2009, 1:55 PM EDT
Our friends over at CFT pulled a good nugget from the Illinois-Cincinnati broadcast this morning, shedding light on the Brian Kelly to Notre Dame rumors.
Mike Florio reports that ABC analyst Bob Griese shed some light on Kelly’s potential move to South Bend if the Irish look to replace Charlie Weis.
“I talked to Brian Kelly on the field just before the ball game, and he said something will be decided in the next seven to ten days,” Griese said.
If that’s the case, it might mean that Jack Swarbrick has done some homework this week, as many of us suspected he was doing. It could also mean that Kelly’s representatives are at the very least working on getting a big pay raise for the in demand coach.
If all the talk is about Notre Dame, it’s a completely different tune than what Kelly was saying just last week, where Kelly told Dan Patrick that neither he nor his representatives had been contacted by Notre Dame or any third parties.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 30
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 102
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18