Nov 27, 2009, 1:55 PM EST
Our friends over at CFT pulled a good nugget from the Illinois-Cincinnati broadcast this morning, shedding light on the Brian Kelly to Notre Dame rumors.
Mike Florio reports that ABC analyst Bob Griese shed some light on Kelly’s potential move to South Bend if the Irish look to replace Charlie Weis.
“I talked to Brian Kelly on the field just before the ball game, and he said something will be decided in the next seven to ten days,” Griese said.
If that’s the case, it might mean that Jack Swarbrick has done some homework this week, as many of us suspected he was doing. It could also mean that Kelly’s representatives are at the very least working on getting a big pay raise for the in demand coach.
If all the talk is about Notre Dame, it’s a completely different tune than what Kelly was saying just last week, where Kelly told Dan Patrick that neither he nor his representatives had been contacted by Notre Dame or any third parties.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 71
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233