Nov 28, 2009, 7:55 PM EST
With rumors swirling around coaches like Bob Stoops and Brian Kelly, Jack Swarbrick once again shot down talk that the Irish have made contact with any coaches about a potential vacancy at Notre Dame.
“Anything you hear about a contact with a coach is absolutely wrong,” Swarbrick said.
Earlier this week, prominent college football writer Tony Barnhart mentioned that Bob Stoops may be meeting with Notre Dame brass about the job, and Brian Kelly fed Bob Griese some interesting information before the Cincinnati – Illinois game.
Swarbrick has been playing this very close to the vest, which is probably a good thing.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39