Swarbrick denies contacting other coaches

Nov 28, 2009, 7:55 PM EST

With rumors swirling around coaches like Bob Stoops and Brian Kelly, Jack Swarbrick once again shot down talk that the Irish have made contact with any coaches about a potential vacancy at Notre Dame.

“Anything you hear about a contact with a coach is absolutely wrong,” Swarbrick said.

Earlier this week, prominent college football writer Tony Barnhart mentioned that Bob Stoops may be meeting with Notre Dame brass about the job, and Brian Kelly fed Bob Griese some interesting information before the Cincinnati – Illinois game.

Swarbrick has been playing this very close to the vest, which is probably a good thing.

1. robertg - Nov 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

keith,
    1. we warned cft and pft and taylor and florio that these rumours about charlie and his staff and notre dame speaking with any other coaches were fraudulent.
    2. although he spoke out too late for himself and perhaps for the future of notre dame football, notre dame ad jack swarbrick has finally exposed all of these people as the lying con artists that they have always been.
    3. we are very happy that you and your staff will be back at notre dame central next season.
    4. cft and pft and taylor and florio are economic history.
    GO IRISH!!!

2. Montana Red - Nov 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM

If we have an AD that is stupid enough not to have contacted other coaches until now, he should be considered for termination too.

3. StephenOfTroy - Nov 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM

In Swarbrick’s defense, Montana, his statement is incredibly vague. It doesn’t say that no one contacted a coach. Just that what you’ve heard about a contact is wrong. Also, what about contacting a coach’s agent?
    We need Robert T. Gilleran’s outstanding deposition questioning skills to be sure that Swarbrick gets nailed down about whether the Irish have made any efforts to communicate with any person or any person’s agent about coaching the football team next year.

4. bak - Nov 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

1. robertg
    2. You are the equivalent of Hamilton Burger while everyone else who posts here is comparatively Perry Mason.
    3. In your posts, you speak of “we”. Who do you purport to be a spokesperson for?
    4. However, I’d like to speak to you in language you may understand.
    5. Thus, congratulations to the Irish for taking down Stanford, 38-45.

5. habs001 - Nov 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

with an average d this team 9-3…many of our d players are not at division 1 level quality…6-6 due to abysmal d and poor game calling by weiss in some games

6. Touchdown Jesus - Nov 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Have you taken down my picture yet???, I DO NOT want to be associated with LOSERS
    Go Stanford
    Go Huskies
    Go Wolverines
    Go Navy
    Go Trojans
    Go Pitt

7. PhillyJohn - Nov 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I will say it again, Jon Gruden will be he new head coach at ND and believe me if he makes that move, Jimmy Clausen will stay at ND and the Heisman winner will come from ND next year, but it could be Golden Tate should he too decide to stay at ND. If not, it will be Clausen. Knute Rockne must be rolling in his grave after the season they had this year.

8. grandpashyena - Nov 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I think the ideal replacemant for CW would be Pete Carroll. If the ND administration would do this maybe robertg would implode and put us out of our misery. It might negatively impact SC for about an hour if they could get Norm back.
    Go Irish!!!!!

9. How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids - Dec 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Just so you know I have saved your blog to my bookmarks.
    I’ve check out your other blog topics as well and I {can say|think| you’ve got great ideas|content. Keep it up|going!

10. Lauretta Godeaux - Feb 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Hello there, fantastic article, I really enjoyed reading it. the blog gave me the momentum to attempt my own blog, please check my article by clicking my name at the top of this comment, cheers

11. Terry Govero - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Hello, awesome post, I truly enjoyed reading it. This article gave me the push to try my own article, please check my article by clicking my name at the top of this post, Many thanks