Nov 30, 2009, 3:40 PM EDT
Tough to play a game of semantics with this one. Bob Stoops declared today that he’ll be at Oklahoma next year, according to the Daily Oklahoman’s David Ubben.
“I’m going to be at Oklahoma next year,” he said. “If (athletic
director) Joe (Castiglione) will have me and President (David) Boren,
that’s what I intend to do.”
Stoops was fairly clear about his stance on staying in Norman next season, but wasn’t willing to comment on whether or not he had contact with anyone at or associated with Notre Dame.
“I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody, and I won’t be interviewing for any jobs,” he said.
You’d think this would put an end to the Bob Stoops to Notre Dame rumors, but I think we all know much better than that.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12