Nov 30, 2009, 3:40 PM EDT
Tough to play a game of semantics with this one. Bob Stoops declared today that he’ll be at Oklahoma next year, according to the Daily Oklahoman’s David Ubben.
“I’m going to be at Oklahoma next year,” he said. “If (athletic
director) Joe (Castiglione) will have me and President (David) Boren,
that’s what I intend to do.”
Stoops was fairly clear about his stance on staying in Norman next season, but wasn’t willing to comment on whether or not he had contact with anyone at or associated with Notre Dame.
“I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody, and I won’t be interviewing for any jobs,” he said.
You’d think this would put an end to the Bob Stoops to Notre Dame rumors, but I think we all know much better than that.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69