Dec 4, 2009, 1:00 AM EDT
In a decision that was hinted at when Jack Swarbrick didn’t name Rob Ianello interim coach, John Walters at FanHouse reports the Irish will most likely pass on a bowl game. The options for Notre Dame were slim and (if Hawaii beats Wisconsin) bordering on none.
The leadership committee will have a vote tomorrow and the decision will be made official Monday, but expect the loss at Stanford to be the last game for the 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
“It’s kind of tough for me to think about Stanford might be the last football game I ever play in my life,” senior captain Eric Olsen said. “I’d definitely love to end my football career with a win if at all possible.”
Possible yes, realistic no, as the players already voted no to playing in the GMAC Bowl inexplicably played on January 6th, and were likely down to Detroit on December 26th in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
- VanGorder finds perfect fit at Notre Dame 19
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Bye week 42
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31