Dec 4, 2009, 1:00 AM EDT
In a decision that was hinted at when Jack Swarbrick didn’t name Rob Ianello interim coach, John Walters at FanHouse reports the Irish will most likely pass on a bowl game. The options for Notre Dame were slim and (if Hawaii beats Wisconsin) bordering on none.
The leadership committee will have a vote tomorrow and the decision will be made official Monday, but expect the loss at Stanford to be the last game for the 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
“It’s kind of tough for me to think about Stanford might be the last football game I ever play in my life,” senior captain Eric Olsen said. “I’d definitely love to end my football career with a win if at all possible.”
Possible yes, realistic no, as the players already voted no to playing in the GMAC Bowl inexplicably played on January 6th, and were likely down to Detroit on December 26th in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (131)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (95)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)