Dec 4, 2009, 1:00 AM EST
In a decision that was hinted at when Jack Swarbrick didn’t name Rob Ianello interim coach, John Walters at FanHouse reports the Irish will most likely pass on a bowl game. The options for Notre Dame were slim and (if Hawaii beats Wisconsin) bordering on none.
The leadership committee will have a vote tomorrow and the decision will be made official Monday, but expect the loss at Stanford to be the last game for the 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
“It’s kind of tough for me to think about Stanford might be the last football game I ever play in my life,” senior captain Eric Olsen said. “I’d definitely love to end my football career with a win if at all possible.”
Possible yes, realistic no, as the players already voted no to playing in the GMAC Bowl inexplicably played on January 6th, and were likely down to Detroit on December 26th in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 82
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 39
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43