Dec 7, 2009, 2:40 PM EDT
Seated at a table with their former head coach between them, Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate both declared themselves eligible for the NFL Draft, forgoing their final year of eligibility at Notre Dame.
The decision looked to have been a difficult one, as Clausen became emotional when he gave his opening statement. Golden dazzled us with his humor, thanking his friends in three dorms — Keenan, Farley, and P.W. — the last two being girls dorms, and also thanked his parents for raising a “knucklehead” like him.
Charlie Weis sat in between Clausen and Tate, wearing a sport-coat, but no tie, and didn’t take questions. He was there at the request of Clausen and Tate.
I’ll get into this in greater detail later, but obviously this is a huge loss for the Irish offense.
- VanGorder finds perfect fit at Notre Dame 34
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Bye week 45
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31