Dec 7, 2009, 2:40 PM EDT
Seated at a table with their former head coach between them, Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate both declared themselves eligible for the NFL Draft, forgoing their final year of eligibility at Notre Dame.
The decision looked to have been a difficult one, as Clausen became emotional when he gave his opening statement. Golden dazzled us with his humor, thanking his friends in three dorms — Keenan, Farley, and P.W. — the last two being girls dorms, and also thanked his parents for raising a “knucklehead” like him.
Charlie Weis sat in between Clausen and Tate, wearing a sport-coat, but no tie, and didn’t take questions. He was there at the request of Clausen and Tate.
I’ll get into this in greater detail later, but obviously this is a huge loss for the Irish offense.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (131)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (95)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)