Dec 8, 2009, 2:18 PM EDT
Not much new to report from yesterday’s late post, but you’ve got to believe that something is going to happen this week. With the elite of college football converging on New York, this feels like one of those great final sequences in a suspense movie, like Thomas Crown walking into the museum and then all those bowler hats start coming out of no where…
Yesterday’s Twitter news by Brian Kelly seemed to get everybody thinking that the Irish and Kelly were ready to sit down and hash out the details. But now, word is coming that Kelly’s Twitter account has been hacked, which would maybe explain this recent post:
“I’m just in NYC for the Hall of Fame dinner. No interview today- Believe ME.”
Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune is running with the hacked Twitter account story, which he is now reporting on his Twitter account, making this just another bizarre turn of events in this roller-coaster ride that has Notre Dame fans ready to reach for the barf bag.
UPDATE — Hamilton’s source is likely Tom Gelehrter, the Manager of New Media and Broadcasting for the Cincinnati Bearcats, who now goes on the record, via Twitter, that he Kelly’s Twitter account WAS NOT HACKED.
Retraction….I was misinformed. BK’s Twitter account was NOT HACKED. I apologize for the confusion.
Add the New Media and Broadcasting department to the group of people that have been hoodwinked by this coaching search. Man, this is fun!
* Mark Blaudshun, a college football writer for the Boston Globe, seems to think that Randy Edsall could be the guy that ends up coaching in South Bend. His most recent Twitter post reads as such:
“More and more signs are pointing towards Uconn’s Randy Edsall as the No. 1 guy on NDs list”
Not sure what kind of contacts Blaudshun has in and around Notre Dame, but at this point, I’m starting to think that everybody’s a expert.
* The wonderful FootballCoachScoop, famous for the Bret Bielema rumors, is now reporting:
FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS and FIRST TO REPORT that Brian Kelly (Cincinnati Head Coach) and Jim Harbaugh (Stanford Head Coach) are no longer candidates and they will NOT be the next Head Coach of the IRISH.
They followed that up with:
FootballCoachScoop has learned that Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick’s
focus is on UConn Head Coach Randy Edsall, for the vacancy for Head Coach with the Irish.
All this means that they probably have a Twitter account and they follow some of the same people that we watch.
Here’s hoping this all comes to a stirring conclusion in the next few days, as I’d really like to get something done one of these days, instead of working the Blackberry and internet nonstop.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71