Dec 10, 2009, 2:47 PM EDT
But whispers are leaking that a press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow.
I’m doing some digging, but this would seem to make sense, as the Cincinnati football banquet is a mere hours away. Rumors have started to surface that Brian Kelly has called a meeting with his players, and the local radio stations in the Queen City already sound resigned to Kelly leaving.
(Resigned is probably putting it nicely, WLW 700 talk show host Billy Cunningham is reading from Notre Dame’s mission statement and openly questioning how the school’s faith can allow them to “steal” Kelly, a coach that is clearly leaving the Bearcats for money. Pretty bizarre stuff…)
While ESPN was still reporting this morning that there was “mutual interest” between Randy Edsall and Notre Dame, logic dictates that Kelly is going to be the next football coach at Notre Dame, and the announcement will most likely come tomorrow.
- Irish get commitment from safety Spencer Perry 14
- Greg Bryant suspension tests offensive depth chart 74
- Offseason Q&A: Georgia Tech 13
- Offseason Q&A: Texas 20
- Irish football players are academically at-risk — Just like everybody else’s 68
- KeiVarae Russell takes to social media to announce his return 59