Dec 10, 2009, 2:47 PM EDT
But whispers are leaking that a press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow.
I’m doing some digging, but this would seem to make sense, as the Cincinnati football banquet is a mere hours away. Rumors have started to surface that Brian Kelly has called a meeting with his players, and the local radio stations in the Queen City already sound resigned to Kelly leaving.
(Resigned is probably putting it nicely, WLW 700 talk show host Billy Cunningham is reading from Notre Dame’s mission statement and openly questioning how the school’s faith can allow them to “steal” Kelly, a coach that is clearly leaving the Bearcats for money. Pretty bizarre stuff…)
While ESPN was still reporting this morning that there was “mutual interest” between Randy Edsall and Notre Dame, logic dictates that Kelly is going to be the next football coach at Notre Dame, and the announcement will most likely come tomorrow.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64