Dec 17, 2009, 7:00 PM EDT
The South Bend Tribune and Irish Sports Daily are reporting that Tony Alford is the only coach being retained by new head coach Brian Kelly.
With Rob Ianello leaving for the Akron head coaching job and Corwin Brown already announcing he was leaving, that means Kelly decided against keeping defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta, defensive line coach Randy Hart, offensive line coach Frank Verducci, tight ends coach Bernie Parmalee, quarterbacks coach Ron Powlus, and special teams coach Brian Polian.
According to reports, graduate assistant Bryant Young and strength and conditioning coach Rueben Mendoza will both be leaving the program as well.
Reports surfaced earlier that Corwin Brown would be interviewing for the vacant head coaching job at Buffalo and Brian Polian was a candidate for the Youngstown State job that was filled by South Carolina assistant and Youngstown native Eric Wolford.
Many expected that Kelly would potentially keep Polian for his recruiting acumen as well as graduate assistant Young, who was seen as a huge asset with NFL playing experience and a Notre Dame degree.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39