Dec 18, 2009, 5:29 PM EDT
It looks like another Charlie Weis recruit is up for grabs.
Toney Hurd, a cornerback from Missouri City, Texas, that committed to Weis and the Irish when Notre Dame visited Texas for its home game against Washington State, has reopened his recruiting. According to ESPN, Hurd is still considering Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and LSU.
I’ve read conflicting reports about whether or not he’s talked with new head coach Brian Kelly, so it remains to be seen if the Irish can keep Hurd in the fold.
- Irish get commitment from safety Spencer Perry 0
- Greg Bryant suspension tests offensive depth chart 42
- Offseason Q&A: Georgia Tech 13
- Offseason Q&A: Texas 20
- Irish football players are academically at-risk — Just like everybody else’s 68
- KeiVarae Russell takes to social media to announce his return 59