Dec 18, 2009, 5:29 PM EDT
It looks like another Charlie Weis recruit is up for grabs.
Toney Hurd, a cornerback from Missouri City, Texas, that committed to Weis and the Irish when Notre Dame visited Texas for its home game against Washington State, has reopened his recruiting. According to ESPN, Hurd is still considering Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and LSU.
I’ve read conflicting reports about whether or not he’s talked with new head coach Brian Kelly, so it remains to be seen if the Irish can keep Hurd in the fold.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64