Irish recruits hit the All-Star circuit

Dec 30, 2009, 12:07 PM EDT

With National Signing Day still over a month away, there’s plenty that can happen as Brian Kelly prepares to make a slew of in-home visits. But before many recruits enroll early at their colleges of choice for the Spring semester, the annual All-Star game circuit takes place in the coming days.

With a contingent not as large as past years, the Irish still have a large group of recruits participating in the annual All-Star games. Here’s a quick run-down:

US ARMY ALL-AMERICAN BOWL (January 9th on NBC)

A game usually filled with Irish commitments and a Midwestern flavor isn’t especially packed with Notre Dame commits, but still filled with some intriguing prospects.

New signee Austin Collinsworth is joined on the East Roster by Notre Dame commits Christian Lombard and Blake Lueders. They’ll have time to lean on hot prospect Matt James, who is still considering the Irish, along with Ohio State and Cincinnati, and maybe even swing for the fences and see if they can get Chris Martin back into the fold for Notre Dame, although that train has probably long left the station. Other targets include undeclared California athlete Anthony Barr, Illinois wide receiver and current USC commit Kyle Prater, and still undeclared offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson from St. Paul, Minnesota, who recently added the USA Today Offensive Player of the Year award to his mantel.

ESPN UNDER-ARMOR ALL-AMERICAN BOWL (January 2nd on ESPN)

ESPN’s addition to the All-Star circuit, played in Orlando, also features some Irish commitments.

Highly touted wide receiver prospect Tai-ler Jones leads the way for the Irish in Orlando, where he is joined by defensive tackle Louis Nix. Recent de-commit Toney Hurd, Jr. is also participating at cornerback, and Hurd has been quiet about whether or not he’s still considering the Irish. Other Irish targets like undeclared California safety Dietrich Riley, California cornerback Joshua Shaw, who has verbally committed to Florida, and St. Thomas Aquinas corner Cody Riggs, who has also committed to the Gators. All three are players that coach Brian Kelly likely has an interest in.

OFFENSE-DEFENSE ALL-AMERICAN BOWL (January 2nd)

Played in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the Offense-Defense Bowl will feature quarterback Andrew Hendrix, linebacker/defensive end recruit Prince Shembo, and defensive lineman Justin Utopo. Expect Brian Kelly to be keeping an eye on Illinois defensive back Corey Cooper as well, and North Carolina commit (and Cincinnati native) tight end Alex Smith, who was recruited by Kerry Coombs and Kelly for the Bearcats.

1. Polar FT80 Review - Jan 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

2. Lissa Varagona - Jan 16, 2010 at 6:08 AM

A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my blog. You’ve obviously spent some time on this. Well done!

3. Legalsounds - Jan 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

4. Mothercare - Jan 16, 2010 at 10:38 AM

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.You have done a marvellous job!

5. Keith Osik - Jan 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

6. Shane Spencer - Jan 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since I’m more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out. This is good…thanks for sharing

7. Gregory Despain - Jan 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Oh my god you’ll not belief that. Our mindless kitten simply farted on my ankle!? I mean what is the problem with that!? I care for that thing and I receive that in return. I yet can not belief this. Anyway, you have got some interesting information there in your post. I knew Yahoo could bring me to some useful stuff today :). Alright must search that pet now! Have a good time you all!

8. Sports headlines - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks – you cleared up some things for me!

9. Adrienne19Joyner - Jul 21, 2010 at 7:58 PM

This is good that we can receive the personal loans moreover, this opens new possibilities.