Diaco and Molnar officially named coordinators

Jan 7, 2010, 4:21 PM EST

It’s official: Brian Kelly has named his offensive and defensive coordinators.

As expected, Bob Diaco and Charley Molnar have both joined the Notre Dame staff after finishing the season with the Cincinnati Bearcats. Diaco coordinated the defense for Cincy while Molnar was the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.

“I’m thrilled to officially announce that Bob Diaco and Charley Molnar have joined me at Notre Dame and will serve in two leadership positions on my coaching staff,” Kelly released in a statement. “I expect a lot from my coordinators. Because they will direct the position coaches and our players, the coordinators need to be effective leaders, clear communicators and self-starters. Bob and Charley possess these traits and I look forward to having them help me lead the Irish.”

Diaco was an all-Big Ten linebacker at Iowa and has spent the last 14 years coaching at the collegiate level. He spent last season as Cincinnati’s defensive coordinator, leaving the same position he was just elevated to at Virginia under then coach Al Groh.

Molnar has spent 26-years coaching in college football, 10 seasons as an offensive coordinator. He’s coached the past four seasons with Kelly at both Cincinnati and Central Michigan.

I think the combination of Molnar and Warinner is an excellent duo, and I expect the offense to adapt nicely to the system change. Diaco has an excellent reputation and I’m certainly not going to judge him on the Bearcats’ defense last season, where they transitioned in 10 new starters. I think he could be a force on the recruiting trail and I’m interested to hear Kelly’s plan for him this month.

1. ugetwutuask4 - Jan 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I think COACH K is moving at a perfect pace Keith, he’s not over-exerting himself trying to build the program overnight. He knows he has a lot on his plate and he can’t be all over the map at once. He is clearly executing a game plan that he’s had in place all along since moving to South Bend and is moving at a perfect pace with a precise time table in getting what he wants accomplished by the time CAMP KELLEY rolls around. None of his decisions seem to be hurried or in a rush or according to anyone elses time table. Just like when he was at Cinnci’ and his team was in danger of losing a game or two he never looked undeterred on the sideline. I say that because I’ve been hearing and seeing a lot of ND nation worried that he isn’t moving quick enough, he’s losing out on recruits, he’s not hiring big name coaches, etc. But I beleive that now that the coaches are in place that they will hit the U.S. Army All-American bowl and make a big ND splash with some big name recruits and get a couple or maybe even a few four and five star commits shortly thereafter. I predict ND will crack the top ten in recruiting when its all said and done maybe not 6th or 7th place but at least 9th or 10th best. The credit for that would definately have to go to Chuck Weis if we do!

2. Billy Sanyaro - Jan 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Advantageously, the post is really the freshest on this valuable topic. I fit in with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your approaching updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c clarity in your writing. I will directly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Good work and much success in your business enterprize!

3. Garmin 305 GPS review - Jan 13, 2010 at 4:13 AM

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through.

4. Rebecca Laforest - Jan 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Ich bin dabei, wie kann man sich einloggen :)

5. Scotty Doshier - Jan 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Einmal was Anderes. Immer weiter so.

6. Martin Liborio - Jan 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Eure Site schaut auch am Apple iPhone gut aus.

7. billiga webbhotell - Jan 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Wow…. I really enjoyed reading this article……… I m very impressed with your work. One thing I can say is that this blog is one of the best I’ve read till date…….. Keep up the good workk.

8. August Woytek - Feb 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Thank you for this blog-post, I’t aided me a lot in WoW. At this moment I’m using some botsoftware to aid me but this post was an great aid for when I’m playing. Also, for the people interested, I have added the bots main website in my name. I also hope you will continue creating blogposts like this one because i’ve added your blog to my RSS plugin.

9. Emilly Loans - Feb 21, 2010 at 11:47 PM

If u r a chocolate ur the sweetest, if u r a Teddy Bear u r the most huggable, If u are a Star u r the Brightest, and since u r my “FRIEND” u r the “BEST”!!!!!!!!!