Jan 10, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
For those waiting for Brian Kelly to name the final three coaches on his coaching staff, expect an announcement out of Kelly and the Sports Information Department soon. That’s because early Sunday afternoon, Kelly tweeted, “Finished putting together staff and couldn’t be more pleased.”
It’s been widely assumed that former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner will be named offensive line coach, Wisconsin secondary coach Kerry Cooks will shift to coaching linebackers at Notre Dame, and Cincinnati running backs coach Tim Hinton likely joining as special teams coach.
Kelly is speaking at American Football Coaches Association Convention on Monday in Orlando, and hopefully spends some time in Florida talking to in-state recruits. While the announcement might not come Monday, hopefully Kelly’s tweet means that contracts are finalized and NCAA clearances are finished, and the entire coaching staff can be on the road in these final three weeks.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 67
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 64
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 61