Jan 10, 2010, 6:48 PM EST
For those waiting for Brian Kelly to name the final three coaches on his coaching staff, expect an announcement out of Kelly and the Sports Information Department soon. That’s because early Sunday afternoon, Kelly tweeted, “Finished putting together staff and couldn’t be more pleased.”
It’s been widely assumed that former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner will be named offensive line coach, Wisconsin secondary coach Kerry Cooks will shift to coaching linebackers at Notre Dame, and Cincinnati running backs coach Tim Hinton likely joining as special teams coach.
Kelly is speaking at American Football Coaches Association Convention on Monday in Orlando, and hopefully spends some time in Florida talking to in-state recruits. While the announcement might not come Monday, hopefully Kelly’s tweet means that contracts are finalized and NCAA clearances are finished, and the entire coaching staff can be on the road in these final three weeks.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 83
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100