Jan 16, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Jim Harbaugh might have signed two former Notre Dame coaches, but the Irish have inked three former Stanford commits, their third committing earlier today in 6-foot-7 tackle Tate Nichols from Union, Kentucky.
Safety Chris Badger and wide receiver Tai-ler Jones are already on campus, while Nichols joins the recruiting class as only the second offensive lineman of the 19 players currently planning to ink their letters of intent.
Nichols accepted the scholarship offer this morning after being offered last night by Brian Kelly.
“It was a great fit,” Nichols told Irish Sports Daily. “Just the tradition… walking into the locker room… it’s hard to explain when you see things like that at a university that has such a rich tradition. It’s unbelievable.”
National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3rd.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12