Jan 16, 2010, 3:42 PM EST
Jim Harbaugh might have signed two former Notre Dame coaches, but the Irish have inked three former Stanford commits, their third committing earlier today in 6-foot-7 tackle Tate Nichols from Union, Kentucky.
Safety Chris Badger and wide receiver Tai-ler Jones are already on campus, while Nichols joins the recruiting class as only the second offensive lineman of the 19 players currently planning to ink their letters of intent.
Nichols accepted the scholarship offer this morning after being offered last night by Brian Kelly.
“It was a great fit,” Nichols told Irish Sports Daily. “Just the tradition… walking into the locker room… it’s hard to explain when you see things like that at a university that has such a rich tradition. It’s unbelievable.”
National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3rd.
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 30
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 13
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94