Jan 16, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Jim Harbaugh might have signed two former Notre Dame coaches, but the Irish have inked three former Stanford commits, their third committing earlier today in 6-foot-7 tackle Tate Nichols from Union, Kentucky.
Safety Chris Badger and wide receiver Tai-ler Jones are already on campus, while Nichols joins the recruiting class as only the second offensive lineman of the 19 players currently planning to ink their letters of intent.
Nichols accepted the scholarship offer this morning after being offered last night by Brian Kelly.
“It was a great fit,” Nichols told Irish Sports Daily. “Just the tradition… walking into the locker room… it’s hard to explain when you see things like that at a university that has such a rich tradition. It’s unbelievable.”
National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3rd.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64