Jan 16, 2010, 3:42 PM EST
Jim Harbaugh might have signed two former Notre Dame coaches, but the Irish have inked three former Stanford commits, their third committing earlier today in 6-foot-7 tackle Tate Nichols from Union, Kentucky.
Safety Chris Badger and wide receiver Tai-ler Jones are already on campus, while Nichols joins the recruiting class as only the second offensive lineman of the 19 players currently planning to ink their letters of intent.
Nichols accepted the scholarship offer this morning after being offered last night by Brian Kelly.
“It was a great fit,” Nichols told Irish Sports Daily. “Just the tradition… walking into the locker room… it’s hard to explain when you see things like that at a university that has such a rich tradition. It’s unbelievable.”
National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3rd.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39