Jan 16, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Jim Harbaugh might have signed two former Notre Dame coaches, but the Irish have inked three former Stanford commits, their third committing earlier today in 6-foot-7 tackle Tate Nichols from Union, Kentucky.
Safety Chris Badger and wide receiver Tai-ler Jones are already on campus, while Nichols joins the recruiting class as only the second offensive lineman of the 19 players currently planning to ink their letters of intent.
Nichols accepted the scholarship offer this morning after being offered last night by Brian Kelly.
“It was a great fit,” Nichols told Irish Sports Daily. “Just the tradition… walking into the locker room… it’s hard to explain when you see things like that at a university that has such a rich tradition. It’s unbelievable.”
National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3rd.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69