Jan 29, 2010, 11:26 AM EDT
News is breaking today that Corwin Brown has decided to head back to the NFL, taking a job with former coach Bill Belichick as the defensive backs coach. Meanwhile, former tight ends coach Bernie Parmalee has joined the Kansas City Chiefs staff, reuniting with Charlie Weis as the tight ends coach.
The news that Brown returned to the NFL is a little bit surprising, only because he stated how much he enjoyed working with college kids. I suspect reuniting with a coach like Belichick — combined with the fact that he probably didn’t get offered a coordinator position at the college ranks — made that an easier decision. For Irish fans, this should come as a relief, as there were rumors coming from pretty solid sources that Brown was ready to join Urban Meyer’s Florida coaching staff, adding another thorn in the side of Irish recruiting efforts.
Frank Verducci and Jon Tenuta are the only coaches remaining from Weis’ staff that have yet to take a new job. Verducci will most likely end up in the NFL, while Tenuta has had his name connected with jobs across college football.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 102
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71