Jan 31, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Word is coming off campus that Brian Kelly and staff reeled in three more recruits this weekend, adding former Cincinnati commit Luke Massa at quarterback, quarterback/athlete Derek Roback, who had planned to play at Toledo, and tight end/defensive end prospect Bruce Heggie.
Massa is high school teammates with offensive line target Matt James, which bodes well for the Irish’s pursuit of the blue-chipper, who was also on campus this weekend.
None of these guys are the types of players that will move Notre Dame up the recruiting rankings, but fill some needs and bulk up the class to 20 commits with just three days to go.
More to come as word continues to break…
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 47
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93