Feb 3, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Danny Spond has officially joined the 2010 recruiting class, making it 20 letters already in for committed players, and the added surprise of Matt James to the recruiting class.
Spond is a highly-touted athlete that played quarterback for his high school in Littleton, Colorado. Brian Kelly did a great job identifying and recruiting the athlete to Notre Dame and beat out a fairly impressive list of schools for the “big skill” athlete.
The Irish now wait on the letter-of-intent from Justin Utupo and Cameron Roberson, two West Coast recruits who probably are just getting out of bed.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 66
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 109
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93