Feb 3, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
Compliance just cleared the faxes from offensive lineman Christian Lombard, wide receiver Bennett Jackson, and defensive tackle Louis Nix.
Lombard has long been committed to the Irish, and is a highly touted tackle prospect that has been forgotten a bit in the shadow of the Matt James/Seantrel Henderson sweepstakes. But the Illinois native is a key commitment for the Irish, as offensive line is always an area of need for the Irish.
Jackson adds another offensive weapon to the fold, and the wiry receiver should flourish in Brian Kelly’s system. The New Jersey native probably needs to gain some weight physically before he’s ready to contribute, but a quick look at his film shows a guy that can fly and will do some damage from the slot.
Nix’s signature is one of the better stories of the recruiting season. Rarely does a college program pick up a key commitment when there’s a head coaching vacancy, but that’s what happened when Nix gave his word to assistant coach Tony Alford and joined the Irish. The mountainous defensive tackle prospect is a key get for the new 3-4 defense that Brian Kelly and Bob Diaco plan on implementing.
UPDATE: (9:20 EST) — The fax of Kendall Moore has cleared through compliance, and the North Carolina outside linebacker is officially in the fold. Moore is a four-star recruit who was chased by plenty of the big schools across the country and projects as an edge-type player in Bob Diaco’s 3-4 defense.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 52
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172