Feb 3, 2010, 8:02 AM EDT
Just learned that Prince Shembo’s fax cleared through compliance, adding a key defensive player to Bob Diaco’s defense. If you’re an Irish fan, you should feel a bit of relief that Shembo’s fax arrived, only because he was one of the recruits that seemed to be wavering the most when Charlie Weis and his staff were dismissed.
Also joining the official recruiting class is Clay High School’s Daniel Smith. The four-year starter and South Bend native adds another weapon to a receiving corp that is looking to add playmakers that’ll replace Golden Tate and Robby Parris.
UPDATE: (8:15 AM) — Brian Kelly just announced that tight end Alex Welch’s letter-of-intent also arrived and officially cleared compliance. The four-star tight end out of Elder High school in Cincinnati adds another offensive weapon to the stable, and helps supplement a position that’s been thinned with attrition and an injury to freshman Tyler Eifert.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 63
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93