Feb 3, 2010, 8:02 AM EDT
Just learned that Prince Shembo’s fax cleared through compliance, adding a key defensive player to Bob Diaco’s defense. If you’re an Irish fan, you should feel a bit of relief that Shembo’s fax arrived, only because he was one of the recruits that seemed to be wavering the most when Charlie Weis and his staff were dismissed.
Also joining the official recruiting class is Clay High School’s Daniel Smith. The four-year starter and South Bend native adds another weapon to a receiving corp that is looking to add playmakers that’ll replace Golden Tate and Robby Parris.
UPDATE: (8:15 AM) — Brian Kelly just announced that tight end Alex Welch’s letter-of-intent also arrived and officially cleared compliance. The four-star tight end out of Elder High school in Cincinnati adds another offensive weapon to the stable, and helps supplement a position that’s been thinned with attrition and an injury to freshman Tyler Eifert.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39