Feb 3, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Two California commitments, Justin Utupo and Cameron Roberson, officially joined the recruiting class this morning, with faxes being received and cleared through compliance.
Utupo is out of Lakewood, California and while Rivals profiles him as a defensive lineman, Notre Dame views him as a linebacker prospect. Utupo was named to the California D-I All-State squad and also named Lineman of the Year by the Los Angeles Times.
Roberson joins the Irish as a running back and immediately comes in as a physically mature, explosive back. Listening to his position coach Tim Hinton, its pretty easy to hear the enthusiasm when he discusses Roberson’s future with the Irish.
As of now, the Irish are waiting for the Hawaii prospects as well as a few long-shots. Even if the class stands as it is now, it has been a successful day for Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 83
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100