Feb 3, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Two California commitments, Justin Utupo and Cameron Roberson, officially joined the recruiting class this morning, with faxes being received and cleared through compliance.
Utupo is out of Lakewood, California and while Rivals profiles him as a defensive lineman, Notre Dame views him as a linebacker prospect. Utupo was named to the California D-I All-State squad and also named Lineman of the Year by the Los Angeles Times.
Roberson joins the Irish as a running back and immediately comes in as a physically mature, explosive back. Listening to his position coach Tim Hinton, its pretty easy to hear the enthusiasm when he discusses Roberson’s future with the Irish.
As of now, the Irish are waiting for the Hawaii prospects as well as a few long-shots. Even if the class stands as it is now, it has been a successful day for Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish.
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 0
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121