Feb 3, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Brian Kelly’s biggest recruiting victory just came as it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer and at IrishSportsDaily.com that Matt James has officially sent his letter-of-intent in to the Notre Dame football offices.
“Matt’s decision to go to Notre Dame had nothing to do with Luke Massa or anyone else being recruited by Notre Dame,” high school head coach Steve Specht told Mike Dyer of the Enquirer. “He really developed a comfort level with Notre Dame.”
More to come on this, but for the Irish, they’ve got to feel both ecstatic and relieved that James committed, especially with Seantrel Henderson most likely heading West to USC. On the other side of the coin, Ohio State has to be devastated that their two top offensive line prospects, two guys that looked for the longest time to be heading to the Buckeyes, are now going to be playing elsewhere.
Just another day in the high-stakes world of college recruiting…
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 31
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 103
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18