Feb 3, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Brian Kelly’s biggest recruiting victory just came as it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer and at IrishSportsDaily.com that Matt James has officially sent his letter-of-intent in to the Notre Dame football offices.
“Matt’s decision to go to Notre Dame had nothing to do with Luke Massa or anyone else being recruited by Notre Dame,” high school head coach Steve Specht told Mike Dyer of the Enquirer. “He really developed a comfort level with Notre Dame.”
More to come on this, but for the Irish, they’ve got to feel both ecstatic and relieved that James committed, especially with Seantrel Henderson most likely heading West to USC. On the other side of the coin, Ohio State has to be devastated that their two top offensive line prospects, two guys that looked for the longest time to be heading to the Buckeyes, are now going to be playing elsewhere.
Just another day in the high-stakes world of college recruiting…
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69