Feb 3, 2010, 9:29 AM EST
Brian Kelly’s biggest recruiting victory just came as it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer and at IrishSportsDaily.com that Matt James has officially sent his letter-of-intent in to the Notre Dame football offices.
“Matt’s decision to go to Notre Dame had nothing to do with Luke Massa or anyone else being recruited by Notre Dame,” high school head coach Steve Specht told Mike Dyer of the Enquirer. “He really developed a comfort level with Notre Dame.”
More to come on this, but for the Irish, they’ve got to feel both ecstatic and relieved that James committed, especially with Seantrel Henderson most likely heading West to USC. On the other side of the coin, Ohio State has to be devastated that their two top offensive line prospects, two guys that looked for the longest time to be heading to the Buckeyes, are now going to be playing elsewhere.
Just another day in the high-stakes world of college recruiting…
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 0
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 0
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 95
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94