Mar 18, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Expect an even more electric atmosphere in 2011, when the Irish return to Michigan to play the Wolverines.
This from the AP:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan will play its first night game at the
Big House in 2011 against Notre Dame.
director Dave Brandon made the announcement Thursday.
Brandon expects it to be an unprecedented atmosphere at Michigan
Stadium, adding a new chapter to the rivalry between two of college
football’s most storied programs.
have played the Fighting Irish at night three times — losing in 1982,
1988 and 1990 by an average of four points, all at Notre Dame Stadium.
Michigan leads 21-15-1 in the all-time series that started
Notre Dame and Michigan are scheduled to
play each year through 2017, then take two years off to play other
teams, before resuming the rivalry in 2020 through 2031.
There’s an official press conference at UM later today, but I suspect this should help make Ann Arbor a bit more hostile for the visiting Irish.
- VanGorder finds perfect fit at Notre Dame 46
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Bye week 46
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31