Mar 18, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Expect an even more electric atmosphere in 2011, when the Irish return to Michigan to play the Wolverines.
This from the AP:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan will play its first night game at the
Big House in 2011 against Notre Dame.
director Dave Brandon made the announcement Thursday.
Brandon expects it to be an unprecedented atmosphere at Michigan
Stadium, adding a new chapter to the rivalry between two of college
football’s most storied programs.
have played the Fighting Irish at night three times — losing in 1982,
1988 and 1990 by an average of four points, all at Notre Dame Stadium.
Michigan leads 21-15-1 in the all-time series that started
Notre Dame and Michigan are scheduled to
play each year through 2017, then take two years off to play other
teams, before resuming the rivalry in 2020 through 2031.
There’s an official press conference at UM later today, but I suspect this should help make Ann Arbor a bit more hostile for the visiting Irish.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64