Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
As we hypothesized earlier in the week, Brad Carrico became the first recruit to commit to Brian Kelly’s 2011 recruiting class. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound defensive end plays his prep football at Dublin Coffman High, the same high school that produced former Irish standouts Brady Quinn and Chinedum Ndukwe.
Carrico profiles perfectly for defensive end in the Irish’s 3-4 defense, and has the size to possibly grow into an interior defensive player as well. More importantly, Carrico fills a huge need on the Irish roster, where there’s little depth present to play on the edges of Notre Dame’s defense.
More to come on Carrico and the Irish’s Junior Day…
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 109
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71