Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
As we hypothesized earlier in the week, Brad Carrico became the first recruit to commit to Brian Kelly’s 2011 recruiting class. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound defensive end plays his prep football at Dublin Coffman High, the same high school that produced former Irish standouts Brady Quinn and Chinedum Ndukwe.
Carrico profiles perfectly for defensive end in the Irish’s 3-4 defense, and has the size to possibly grow into an interior defensive player as well. More importantly, Carrico fills a huge need on the Irish roster, where there’s little depth present to play on the edges of Notre Dame’s defense.
More to come on Carrico and the Irish’s Junior Day…
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69