Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 PM EST
As we hypothesized earlier in the week, Brad Carrico became the first recruit to commit to Brian Kelly’s 2011 recruiting class. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound defensive end plays his prep football at Dublin Coffman High, the same high school that produced former Irish standouts Brady Quinn and Chinedum Ndukwe.
Carrico profiles perfectly for defensive end in the Irish’s 3-4 defense, and has the size to possibly grow into an interior defensive player as well. More importantly, Carrico fills a huge need on the Irish roster, where there’s little depth present to play on the edges of Notre Dame’s defense.
More to come on Carrico and the Irish’s Junior Day…
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39