Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 PM EST
As we hypothesized earlier in the week, Brad Carrico became the first recruit to commit to Brian Kelly’s 2011 recruiting class. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound defensive end plays his prep football at Dublin Coffman High, the same high school that produced former Irish standouts Brady Quinn and Chinedum Ndukwe.
Carrico profiles perfectly for defensive end in the Irish’s 3-4 defense, and has the size to possibly grow into an interior defensive player as well. More importantly, Carrico fills a huge need on the Irish roster, where there’s little depth present to play on the edges of Notre Dame’s defense.
More to come on Carrico and the Irish’s Junior Day…
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45