Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 PM EST
As we hypothesized earlier in the week, Brad Carrico became the first recruit to commit to Brian Kelly’s 2011 recruiting class. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound defensive end plays his prep football at Dublin Coffman High, the same high school that produced former Irish standouts Brady Quinn and Chinedum Ndukwe.
Carrico profiles perfectly for defensive end in the Irish’s 3-4 defense, and has the size to possibly grow into an interior defensive player as well. More importantly, Carrico fills a huge need on the Irish roster, where there’s little depth present to play on the edges of Notre Dame’s defense.
More to come on Carrico and the Irish’s Junior Day…
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 230
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233